What is Search Engine Optimization
SEO is the most popular word in the Digital Marketing Industry. Every website on the web must get optimized as per the Search Engines Algorithms. SEO plays a crucial role in the website visibility on the internet so SEO is mandatory for every website because of the heavy competition. There are three factors in SEO are On Page SEO, Off Page SEO, Technical SEO. In this article we are going to discuss all about what is SEO and how does it works.
SEO is the process of optimization of web pages, following the search engines algorithms to get appeared in the top position of search engines results pages and to get more traffic organically.
SEO is totally belongs to the websites optimization on search engines. Before we are going to know about SEO, we must know about Search Engines and how they work.
1. Search Engine is a Software program, which searches information on the web or internet and stores that information systematically on it’s index. and displays the relevent results on it’s SERP’s, when a user searches for a specific information in Searc Engines search bar.
2. What Search Engine Exactly does is, it searches the entire web and gather information available on the web and segregate that information according to topic and stores in it’s storage, When a user searches a query in the search engines it will dispaly the web pages those have the most relevant information.
Mainly Search Engine works by three factors:
First, Search Engines crawls the entire web by sending it’s Spiders or Bots to crawl the web for the information available on the Web.
1. As the Spiders and Bots all the web pages on the web, it will index all those web pages according to their pages content type and stores all the information on it’s storage.
2. Indexing is the process of adding web pages to it’s search engines.
Ranking/ Algorithm Calculations:
1. After indexing, Search Engine perform algorithms calculations, which means it’s checks the the web pages weather they are following the rules and guidelines of a search engines or not. later they push the web pages for the results.
2. if a user search for for “seo strategy”, the search engine checks for that keyword, which web page having it in it’s title, description and content and what is that domain age, how many trustworthy links are pointing to that domain, how much traffic coming to that web page. it will consider all these factors and then shows the web page, which follows all those.
Some popular search Engines:
Out of all these Search Engines, Google became a giant Search Engine because of it’s accuracy and speed in showing results to the users.
Why Google is so Popular ?
1. 98% of Internet users are using Google Search Engine, because it will show the exact results, what the user wants. It has Billions of websites on it’s index.
2. It will show the relevant results within 0.23 sec a billion websites.
3. Google is the most popular and it has vast networking platforms, it has introduced many products for the users for free.
Factors in SEO:
Basically SEO is devided into 3 optimization parts.
On-Page SEO is the optimization, which will be done in our website such as chaging titles, description, keywords, content and images etc.
On-Page Optimization Factors:
1. Title optimization/ changing is very important in SEO to rank the website on first position. title is like heart for a website.
2. Use keyword in title tag
3. Keyword length should be up to 70 characters for the Desktop and 78 characters for mobile devices with space counting.
4. Keyword should come before 55 characters because Google search Engine focus first 55 characters.
5. Try to use keyword two times in the title.
6. Always use keyword in 1st and 2nd places.
7. Always use location based keywords because it will beneficial when you focus to target a specific place.
1. Use keyword in the Description
2. Description length should be 165 characters only.
3. Use keyword in first and second places.
4. Try to use keywords 2-3 times.
5. Always prefer CTA (Call to Action) in Description.
1. Always use keyword in header tags h1, h2, h3.
2. Primary keyword should always be in h1, secondary keywords should be in h2 and h3 tags.
1. Content is the King.
2. Use keyword in 1st and last para in the content.
2. Use relevant keywords to your content.
4. Always content should be useful and informational with value added elements.
5. Content should be readable and simple.
To chech the readability score of your website use this tool readabilityscore.com
1. Always optimize your image according to the size and dimensions.
2. File size should not exceed to 100Kb.
3. Concentrate on the dimensions according to the devices like Desktop, Mobile and Tablet.
4. Tools to compress the images….
1. Always give links to the internal pages.
2. Use links in every page.
3. Use internal links in 1st para and last para.
1. Always give links to the external pages.
2. External links should be given in high authority web pages.
3. Concentrate on high DA & PA for external linking.
Anchor text Optimization:
1. Anchor text is clickable text in a web page.
3. We need to optimize anchor text to avoid broken links on our website.
3. Anchor text syntax is : <a href=”link goes here”>text</a>
1. Content updation is very important because if we update every day with content on our website, the search engines will crawl our website regularly, which can be helpful to get rank.
2. Integrate a Blog on your website and post content daily.
3. Update content in homepage, services, products and course pages.
In Tecnical SEO, some technical factors such as URL Structures, Breadcrumbs, Canonical tags etc to be optimized.
1. Optimize your URL’s to be simple and easy to remember to the users.
2. Use keyword in the url’s.
3. Use location-based url’s.
4. URL Length should be 15-20 characters.
5. Utilize product, services and course pages in url to get ranked.
6. Never use stop-words like at,to,from in the url’s.
1. Breadcrumbs are used for navigation purpose, it shows the user where he landed on the website.
2. Breadcrumbs should use below the main menu only.
1. Canonical tag indicates the master URL of a web page.
2. Use canonical tag in every page the website according the pages.
3. No need to use canonical for WordPress and Blogger. it will be generated by default.
4. Use canonical tag below the opening <head> tag in a web page.
<link rel=”canonical” href=”https://www.buddyblogger.in/” />
1. Structure data makes your site appearance differently in search engines results pages.
2. You can provide some key information by the structure.
3. Applying error free structure is important because if your add wrong structure search engines might ban your site from their results pages.
4. Validate your structure with Google Structure Data Testing Tool.
404 Page Integration:
1. 404 Page should integrate in the website, when user searching for particular page, if the page is not available on the site, this 404 page will shown to the user.
2. 404 Page should have the navigation link to the any page of our website.
1. A 301 redirect is command to tell the search engines that the page has removed permanently.
1. A 302 redirect is a command to tell the search engines that the page has removed temporarily.
1. Robots.txt file will be helpful for get indexing pages in Search Engines.
2. With Robots.txt file we can tell the search engines bots and spiders, what to crawl and what not to crawl on our website. We can restrict crawling from the bots.
- XML Sitemap is used to store all the url’s related our website in one single file, it will be easy to crawl for the bots all url’s from one place.
- You must submit the sitemap because it is Google search engines ranking factor.
- Always your site should be mobile optimized.
- 70% – 80% is getting from mobile devices.
- Google has started to show results on mobile devices.
- Concentrate on AMP Plugin for WordPress sites.
Google Analytics Integration:
1. Google Analytics is a free tool from Google to provide analytics that your websites performs on internet.
2. It will show all tarffic coming to your websites from the different sources like social media, refferal, direct and organically.
3. Integrate Google Analytics on your website and measure your website performance across the web.
Google Search Console Integration:
1. Google Search Console (GSC) is the most useful and free tool fron Google.
2. It is used to submit your website on Google’s index.
3. We can monitor our website’s crawling errors, spam errors, broken links on the site, we can change our website mobile optimized, we can submit sitemaps,.
4. We can find back links on our pages, traffic and lot more analytics. Integrate Google Search Console on your website to increase visibility on the web.
- Some domain factors also considered as the ranking factors, let’s see what are those.
1. Always try to increase your your domain trust by getting reviews and testimonials.
1. Domain registration length should be 2 or 3 words and it should catchy and easy to remenber.
TLD-Top Level Domain:
1. Top Level Domains are organized into tree divisions countries, categories and multi organizations.
2. Use country level domain to focus on locality.
3. For example www.example.in, you can target in India.
- In Off-Page SEO optimization will be done others websites, which means we add our website links on others websites, it is called as link building also.
- While we add our website link to others websites, we have to focus on High Domain Authority, secured and none malware effected sites.
- The Domain Authority (DA) and Page Authority (PA) should be more 30.
- Here we going to learning every thing about link building.
1. Link building is creating links for our websites on external web pages. it is one of most important ranking factor in SEO.
2. While you are creating back links, you have to focus on high domain authority and secured sites.
3. Creating quality back links push your website rank high.
Check for some Off-Page submission practices to create back links to your websites.
Bussiness Listing Submissions:
1. Business Listing is the way to promote your Business around the physical location through internet, where your Business has located.
2. Business Listing is called as Local SEO also, In this process we list our Business profile on the Websites, those allows business listings by providing our Business details such as Name, Address and Phone numbers. it is called NAP.
3. Some most familiar Business listing sites: Google My Business Page, Just Dial, Sulekha, Yellow pages etc…,
4. Paid and Free Business listing sites available on internet.
Advantages of Business listing:
1. Promotion of Business branding Locally.
2. Creating Back links for your blog or websites and gain traffic to your business.
1. Press Release is releasing the content, products, services on internet by the reputed websites, those allows press releases on their sites. These are available in paid and free.
2. Press Release can bring huge traffic to your sites as well creating back links.
1. create back links ans get huge traffic to our websites.
Social Book Marking Submissions:
1. Social Book Marking is popular off page SEO method, which brings traffic and create back links.
2. In this method we add our website’s links on the other websites, those allows social book marking.
3. Simply we can save or store our site on the web, those stored sites can be accessed by any one any device on the internet.
1. Create backlinks and get traffic.
1. Forum Submission is the community discussion on the web on a specific topic. Here people ask questions and reply answers to the questions.
2. for forum submiossions, you can simply register with any forum submission site on the internet related to your topic and you can answers to the questions that or you can rise questions, someone on the community reply your questions.
3. While you are submitting the answers, you can add your blog or website link over there, this can create a back link for your and get the traffic too.
1. Create back links and get traffic.
1. Profile submission is creating our profiles on the profile submitting websites.
2. We can create profile by proving all details such as Name, Profession, location, social links and websites links. it gives us backlinks and traffic too.
1. Document sharing is submitting documents on other websites on the web with content,.
2. Document sahring we acn add content, image, links and format the document into pdf, doc etc.., and share on the websites those allows document sharing submissions.
Create back links and traffic to your website.
1. Images attracts the user more than the content so sharing images inserting some text on it is a off page seo Technic that really works to get traffic to your website.
2. While you are sharing images on the images sharing websites, you have to add some content, add website link.
Quora & Yahoo Question Answers:
1. Quora and Yahoo are well known community platforms to learn various topics.
2. We can use Quora and Yahoo to get traffic and backlinks by submitting question and answers.
3. We can answer to any question that related to our blog topic and add our blog’s link there, through that link we can traffic.
1. Creating back link and get traffic.
Guest Posting Submissions:
1. Guest Posting is one of the best off page technics to get Do- Follow backlinks and huge traffic to your website.
2. We submit our articles on other reputed websites by taking the permission of those website owners.
3. Chose related websites to your blog, while you are writing guest posting and mention the link of your site in that article, that you are going to post on others site.
1. Creating Do-Follow back links and getting traffic
Blog Commenting Submissions:
1. Blog Commenting is the way to create backlinks and get traffic to our sites.
2. In this method we write comments on the bogs in their comments section, while writing comment we can add website link there so we can create back link and traffic too.
3. Blog Commenting is not much an effective way to create back links because bloggers can not allow to add links their websites.
1. Directory Submission is the way of submitting a website links on other websites, those allows directory submissions in a specific category on the web.
2. We can create back link and get traffic through directories while people browse those directories, where we submitted our links.
1. Classified submission is the way to promote the content, product and services in the form of ads on the web.
2. As we see in the news papers publishing many small text and image ads in the classified sections, likewise on web also many websites are publishing ads on their websites.
3. We can get traffic and back links by this method.
Web 2.0 Submissions:
1. Web 2.0 submission is the way to submit our content on the web applications, which allows it’s users to create, update and express online.
2. Web 2.0 sites provide domain and hosting and collaborate with users, who wants to create and shares their content on the web.
3. We can get great traffic and back links with these submissions>
4. Some famous web 2.0 sites are blogger, WordPress, Joomla etc…,
1. Article submission is the similar to guest posting, we submit our articles on other websites those allows article submissions on their sites.
2. Write a article of 250 to 500 words article by adding your websites link in the middle and post it on the others sites to get traffic and create back links.
- Creating back links and getting traffic.
I hope that I covered all information about seo like on page seo, off page seo and tecnical seo. If enjoyed this article then it’s time to pass it to somebody who is need to know. share with love..!